1. The Bible is God’s letter to us. It is our source of truth and our authority for every area of life.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. There is only one God, existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 2:10-11, John 10:30)
3. People are created for relationship with God. However, we all have desires and act contrary to Him, resulting in separation instead of closeness. (Romans 5:12, Ephesians 2:1-3, Isaiah 59:2)
4. People are eternal beings and will spend eternity with God or apart from Him.
(John 14:1-3, 1 John 5:11-13, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Revelation 14:11, Matthew 25:46)
5. Jesus Christ is God, was born of a virgin, and never acted contrary to His Father. He lived in perfect relationship with His Father. We believe His death paid the penalty for our wrong doing against God, and when we trust in Him as our Savior, we will experience the relationship we were made for. He is the only way this can happen. His resurrection guarantees our future life. We believe that He is coming back one day.
(Matthew 1:18-23, 1 Peter 1:18-21, Romans 3:24-25, 4:4-5, 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Hebrews 4:14-16, John 1:12, Romans 10:9-10, John 14:6, John 14:1-3, Acts 1:11)
6. The Holy Spirit is God and lives within all those who trust Jesus Christ. He reminds us of truth and gives us victory in everyday life. As we surrender to the Holy Spirit we will see freedom in our lives.
(Romans 8:9-17, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:21-22, Ephesians 5:18, Romans 8:4-8, Galatians 5:16-25, 1 Corinthians 3:1-3)
7. All those who trust Jesus Christ belong to one church, the universal church, with Jesus in charge. It is also important for Jesus’ followers to be committed to a local church. This is God’s plan and the best environment for growth and freedom to take place.
(Ephesians 1:22-23, 1 Corinthians 12:12, 18-20, 26-27, Romans 12:5, 10,16, Hebrews 13:17, Matthew 18:15-17, 1 Timothy 5:19-20, Galatians 6:1)